Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation!

Well, hello there! 

Yes, it has been awhile yet again, but I am ready to get this thing rolling again -- along with my weight loss endeavors!

My husband and I just returned to Dallas from our stomping grounds -- Michigan.  We were in the Great Lake State for two wonderfully fullfilling and incredibly indulgent weeks.  And by indulgent, I mean in every way.  I always feel totally fine saying, "It's okay, I'm on vacation!" until I get home and realize that my fatigue is only partially thanks to whirlwind visits with friends and family, lack of sleep, and 20 hours of driving.  The majority of my puffiness overall lack of energy is thanks to -- you guessed it -- junk eating and overdoing it.  Oh, and I can't forget the drinks...oh dear.  It's time to get back to work!

Before leaving for Michigan, I weighed in at 161.  I've hovered right around goal weight for a while now.  I suppose if you've read other posts, you already know that!  :)  I told myself that once I got back to the Big D, I'd get my big ol' booty inactive and overfed bottom back to counting points and exercising regularly.  After all, I'm not some prize winning animal in a 4H program -- I'm a newlywed preparing for fall and winter months.  You know, the months when pumpkin spice and sweet snickerdoodle smells are always in the air if you live at Bath & Body Works.  I love to bake delicious treats in the coming months and must prepare diligently -- it's time to break out the Weight Watcher recipes and get creative with sugar/oil/egg substitutes! 

Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but it's true to my nature to overthink and worry about the future.  But as I think I've mentioned before, my weight and the food I use to nourish my body is something I can control.  If I prepare now for the onslaught of delicious treats, I may be able to avoid eating way too much of the wrong foods.  Yes, my battle plans are converging!  As I prepare for the fall and winter months like a squirrel packing away nuts, I'll be sure to include my findings here in my bloggity blog.

In the meantime, keep checking in and reminding me to write in this thing.  I know I've been bad at it, so I am not beyond asking for help.  My hope is to reach goal weight (160) and then attempt another 10 pounds!  Ah yes, a svelt 150 sounds just about perfect!  Suppose I can aim to be there before Christmas...what a wonderful gift to myself that would be!

And one more thing before I sign off -- looks like Charlie and I will be doing the Dallas Half-Marathon on December 9th.  Must register soon!  Very few things motivate me to run quite like dropping $100 on a race!  So worth it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment