Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday = Weigh-in day!

Weight Watchers has completely changed the way I approach food.  I think so much more about what I eat.  Not in an obsessive way, but in an educated and interested way.  I simply can't say enough about how much I've learned by trying to eat foods I want by reinventing them -- or still just eating them, in a smaller quantity. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting yourself eat "junk" every once in a while.  HOWEVER, the attitude that you have about food cannot be altered after having a slice of pizza or two one night!  If I could go back and tell myself to stop thinking, "Well, I didn't do well last night, so might as well enjoy what I want tonight as well.  I'll get back to the diet tomorrow,"  I might have lost all this weight forever ago!

That's the slippery slope that so many people talk about.

I can't stress the importance of knowing that having a slice of cheesecake is not a diet ruiner! But, it also won't make you feel great.  Sometimes, I think I deserve a reward for my hard work, so I let myself have chips and queso.  Chips and queso do not love me as much as I once loved them.  But I don't obsess about it or feel like a failure because every morning, I wake up with a brand new day to make brand new decisions in.

Starting weight:  220
Last week:  168
Today:  166.5

6.5 lbs to go to hit goal weight.  I am ecstatic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment