Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm a loser, baby

So, yesterday morning would have typically been weigh-in time.  However, yesterday was not a typical day.  Somehow, my husband and I both neglected to set alarms.  He woke up at 8:03 am and said, "Crap," to which I replied, "Wait, is it Thursday?" and we both quickly jumped out of bed, calling and emailing our jobs.  Ugh...not a good feeling to be that rushed in the morning.  Needless to say, weighing in was not at the top of my priority list.

When I finally did weigh myself late yesterday afternoon, I was less than thrilled with the result:  166.3.  I am not disappointed or upset, just not thrilled.  0.2 lbs lost.  That is still success.  I still lost.  Now, on to losing the final 6.3!!

Lately, the battle of the bulge has boiled down to exercise.  The diet -- the lifestyle, I should say -- is swell.  But the lack of exercise lately is certainly a culprit in the lack of poundage lost.  And it's not only the scale that is relaying this message to me -- my dogs are also letting me know.  They are also a lot happier after a good long walk, or a fun jog.  If not for me, the exercise is essential for them.  Motivation!

So, let's get off the couch, reach for the leashes/tennis rackets/gym bag/jump rope and get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment