Sunday, September 16, 2012

10K Finisher!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty sore so accomplished!!  Charlie and I ran the 10K race yesterday and did better than we expected!  I ran the whole thing.  No walking for this girl!!!  That was my goal -- to run the whole thing, no matter the pace.  And really, I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I'd be, but the hilly course did do a little number on my knees -- they took a beating going down the hills.  I've got to say though...there are very few things that can make you feel that much like a super sweaty beast  rock star.
 My time:  1:10:44 -- not too shabby for the longest race I have ever completed.  Bring it on, half marathon!

Charlie's time: 53:48.  He placed 227 out of 1390...pretty darn good if you ask me, being that he hadn't been working on his speed!

Just me, hanging with the fall goodies post-race at the arboretum. 

Charlie and I -- nearly one year married!  Celebrating our first year of marriage and our accomplishments together.  If this is what we are doing to celebrate one year, imagine the years to come!  :)

My boss, her husband, and her sweet baby came to cheer us on.  I would say the hardest part about running races is not having our families around to come out and celebrate -- but it sure was wonderful having part of our Dallas fam show support.  

After the race, we enjoyed some of the free food and beverages that the sponsors were providing.  There were breakfast burritos, slices of pizza, small cones filled with frozen yogurt, and beer.  Blue Moon.  Let's just say that all of the activity points I had accumulated from the race were destroyed by the beers I enjoyed, but the ridiculous early morning beer buzz  hilarity of munching on breakfast and drinking a few beers just seemed too good to pass up.  :)

Well, tomorrow is our actual anniversary date, and I simply can't be more proud of the people we have become together.  I'm so thankful for the immense support I get from friends and family, near and far...but I am especially thankful for the man that keeps me sane motivated and assured.  Here's to another year of healthy goals to enrich a happy life together.  

Weigh-in on Thursday -- hope to be at my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment