Monday, September 24, 2012

So close!

Well friends...I hoped a great deal, but I did not meet my goal on Thursday.  I stepped on the scale, looked down, and read 160.1.  A TENTH OF A POUND AWAY!  Goodness gracious.  It's still loss, it's still closer...

It's been difficult to run since the 10K.  It seems as though I might have done a number on my right foot.  My boss thinks it's plantar fasciitis, which makes sense based on what I've read about it and what she's told me.  This is no bueno!  I didn't run all of last week, and my foot started to feel quite a bit better.  Then, on Saturday morning, I pushed myself out the door and enjoyed a 2.43 mile run with my dog Shenzi.  After I got home and took a shower, I stepped out of the tub and felt the terrible pain again.  This is what I get for jumping into a race that I wasn't particularly prepared for in the way that I should have been.

Lesson learned, folks -- you've got to train for these sorts of things!  Properly train, that is.  Now I've got foot trouble and worries that a half marathon might not be in my December schedule....

No comments:

Post a Comment