Friday, September 14, 2012

10K - tomorrow!

This week has been pretty busy.  Charlie is working hard both in his teaching job and his performing gig.  I've been working all sorts of funny hours to help cover areas due to a nasty stomach bug that has been going around.  Anyway, with all of this craziness, I decided to add one more element: our first 10K!

I might be a little crazy, especially since I have never run more than 5 miles.  BUT, I know we can do it.  I was enjoying a slow morning on Tuesday because I didn't have to be to work untl around 11.  Following GMA, Good Morning Texas is on -- not a huge fan.  I think the gals on this morning show are suuuper annoying. Anywho,  I am glad I left it on while I started getting ready because that's how I heard about the Tour des Fleurs 10K & 20K at the Dallas Arboretum!  I immediately texted Charlie to ask him whether or not he thought it sounded fun...when he said "yes" I registered the two of us. Happy Anniversary!!  What a great way to celebrate!

The race starts at 8:00am tomorrow morning.  Afterward, there is an after party at the arboretum.  I am so EXCITED!  We will get to wander around and check it out -- we haven't been there since Charlie's family came to visit for his Master's recital a year and a half ago.  The Chihuly exhibit is still there and everyone in Dallas has said something about how incredible it is.  I can't wait -- I might just pee my pants in this nervous excitement!

Also, I weighed in on Thursday -- down 1.8 lbs!  So, ONE POUND TO GO!!!  I've got this...especially with a 6.2 mile race tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment