Monday, September 10, 2012

Tick tock, tick tock...

Well friends, it's been nearly time to celebrate the first wedding anniversary with my husband -- and the one year mark of my weight loss adventure.  I can hardly believe it!

For our anniversary, I think we will take a trip to the jewelry store and get my wedding rings resized!  It's been a long time coming, but it seems an appropriate time to go ahead and get it done.  I just haven't wanted to part with them, but the one year mark for both life events seems to bring a sense of calm.  After all, the weight loss is the reason I need them sized.

The only downside of all of this year-long excitement is that I am feeling a little anxious about my overall goal.  I have not yet officially hit my weight loss goal.  In fact, I am back up to 162.8, which is one pound heavier than my previous post.  This constant back and forth has been annoying, but I am clearly not doing all of the work to get what I want.   I am absolutely not going to accept it any longer -- I will be at or beyond goal by October 1.  The only thing I accept right now is that I know I will be upset with myself if I can't say I've lost 60 pounds in one year.  Yes, I know 58.2 is close, but close just doesn't cut it!

And remember, I mentioned some time ago that I'd like to lose an additional 10 pounds -- and I haven't forgotten that I said that.  I still believe I can do it, and with belief...well, there's will, and with will...well you know the rest! :)

I am thinking I need to start trying something new along with my regular routine, just to get these last few pounds off!  More green tea in the morning to start the day right.  Bigger spinach salad, one less turkey bacon strip on my BLT.  I. Can. Do. This.

I am truly proud of how far I've come, but I cannot quit.  Hitting this goal means the world to me -- and I hope my finally reaching it will inspire others to do the same.

Ready.  Set.  Goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment